October 29, 2015 by Courtney
This week has been so good! I even have my desire to bake back! It’s been months since I’ve baked. And I used to bake everything from scratch. I don’t know if this energy and these good days will last, but I’m taking advantage of them!
Yesterday, I baked my favorite fall muffins! They were a hit this morning with the kids. Robert mixed some cream cheese, sugar, with a dash of vanilla to top these yummy muffins.
This recipe originally came from Passionate Homemaking (Banana Crumb Muffins), but I have changed it so much that it’s pretty much my own now! Enjoy!
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (I use Prairie Gold White Whole Wheat- I buy it at Walmart)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sucanat (or 3/4 cup brown sugar)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl, mix together flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, pumpkin, sugar, egg and melted butter.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.