November 18, 2015 by Courtney
I have been baking bread off and on for years. I used to use my Kitchenmaid stand mixer, but I ended up with a free bread machine and have never looked back! It is definitely worth the investment if you every want to make your own bread, weekly.
My old recipe was yummy, but complicated (mostly because it had a lot of ingredients in it). If you’re interested, here it is: My New Favorite Honey Whole Wheat Bread.
One day, I got the hair brain idea to order the new THM cookbook. I really like a lot of the recipes in the cookbook! This recipe is actually very similar to the one in their cookbook. It’s just been modified some.
I have started baking this bread often, and my whole family loves it! It is especially yummy when it first comes out of the oven with some butter spread on it.
Here you go!
Turn on the oven light.
In your bread machine, place these ingredients in this order:
- 2 2/3 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp softened extra virgin coconut oil (or softened butter)
- 6 cups whole wheat flour (I use a combination of King Arthur’s White Whole Wheat Flour and One Degree Organic’s Sprouted Flour… I don’t use ONLY sprouted because it’s too heavy and the bread doesn’t rise well)
- 2 tbsp active yeast
- Set the machine to the dough setting and allow it to go through the whole process.
- Once complete, spray loaf pans with coconut oil spray. Form the dough into two loaves and place in loaf pans.
- Set in oven with light on and allow to rise until it is about an inch over the top of the loaf pan.
- Leave dough in the oven and turn the oven onto 350 degrees.
- Set timer for 40 minutes and bake!
- Pull out, take the bread out of the loaf pan, set on counter, and cover with towel until it is cool.
- Place in gallon ziplock bag!