I had every intention to make the THM Cookbook‘s BLT Frittata last night and it turned into its own monster! Ha! I ended up loving the creation that I made (with lots of changes from the original). I’ve had lots of people ask for my recipe, so I thought I would type it up. Like I said, the original idea came from the THM Cookbook, so I can’t take complete credit.
- 15 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half (I used red and yellow)
- 1 1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder (I didn’t measure this exactly, so you can use however much you would normally use)
- 1 large handful of kale/spinach mix (I buy mine at HEB)
- 1, 8 oz steak, sliced thin (you can use sausage, etc)
- 6 oz bacon
(our meat was all leftover)
So this is what I did:
- Heat meat in cast iron skillet (cook if not cooked already… we had grilled our steaks the night before).
- Mix eggs, seasonings, cheese, kale/spinach, and sliced grape tomatoes in a bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on medium for about 10 minutes (until the egg starts setting on the sides).
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Uncover and place skillet in oven for about 20 minutes (check it to see if it’s cooked thoroughly).
- Broil for 3-5 minutes if you want to brown the top.
We had some leftover, so I had some for breakfast this morning! It’s a wonderful treat!