I was waiting for my Instant Pot to make the milk boil for yogurt, and I wanted to stay in the kitchen, so I decided to read some old posts on my old blog. It’s always fun to read about what I’ve done in the past, things I’ve learned, how I’ve grown, how I’m the same, etc.
A few things that I’m going to try again:
Homemade Elderberry Syrup
(Old picture from my old blog)
Here’s my recipe (based on several recipes that I have combined and made into my own… this was on my old blog, so I’m not sure where I found the recipes!):
- Peace and Calming- Can be used for depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia
- Thieves- is a natural antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic
- Lavender- great to calm a stressed mind. I use this on my wrists. It smells good (as a perfume) and helps with my moods.
- Peppermint- great for boosting the mood and energizing the body and mind. Helps aid in normal digestion. Can be used for respiratory function (good for someone who has a cough). It helps upset tummies.
- RC- gives relief from colds, bronchitis, sore throats, sinus infections, cough, and congestion
- Lemon- energizes body and mind and supports a healthy immune system. I use this in my water. It makes my water taste great.
- Valor- helps with mood, anxiety, and negative emotions; also helps with physical pain
- Stress Away- I don’t have info from the desk reference but I really like the smell and I can tell that it helps stress a little bit.
I’m still undecided as to whether or not the essentials oils do everything that the desk reference says they do… but I’m willing to try again (since I have them… they’ve just been sitting in a baggie on my dresser).
I will continue my use of Apple Cider Vinegar!