I’ve changed so much as I’ve gotten out of La Hacienda and learned what’s really important.
New me now means: sober me. Content with myself. Continuing with the things I started when I left rehab.
Here are my top 10 new and continued goals:
- Continue staying sober! Which means: Continuing AA several times a week from now on (women’s AA is on M/W, and another AA on Thursdays for a while still), meeting with my sponsor once a week, step work, daily gratefuls, daily prayer and meditation, daily Bible study
- Continue learning to be happy with who I am… content… no more dieting! Knowing that I will probably never lose weight, and that’s okay. I have so much more to offer than just what I look like. And, I know that I am beautiful the way I am!
- Continue working on self care. New healthy habits, one at a time. Not for weight loss, but for self care. Staying sober and doing all the things to stay sober are also self care.
- Become a sponsor! Probably a temporary sponsor to start, but that’s fine! I’m excited about sharing my experience, strength, and hope with another alcoholic! I’m learning about being a sponsor by having an amazing sponsor.
- Work more on my blog. Make it more useable for those who want to print recipes, search, etc.
- Start new hobbies, starting with crocheting :-).
- Continue with having a daily routine, and getting back to doing a load of laundry a day, keeping up with the dishes, etc. It’s honestly part of self care for me.
- Continue with trying really hard to be frugal, saving, and paying off debt
- Continue reaching out to old and new friends who have mental illnesses like me.
- Continue working through my anxiety with cognitive behavioral therapy.
The new me started when I left La Ha. I want to continue growing and learning about who I am. Life is so good, and I want it to continue!