January 13, 2017 by Courtney
I stocked up a lot at the beginning of the month and already have most of our meals planned for the whole month based on what I bought earlier. I’m following a pantry challenge for the month of January. Since posting the pantry challenge, we ended up deciding to have a few more meals at home than we planned so I had to buy a few extra things that I wasn’t planning to buy.
I am happy with the $102 that I spent today, though, for most of 2 weeks! I still have $148 left for this pay period, and I won’t spend that.
All I will need between now and the next check is: Coffee (the kind I have been getting is super cheap right now), milk, some produce (not much), HEB Coke Zero, and maybe some HEB sparkling water. Maybe a few other things. But I think we are pretty set!
Here’s what I bought today!
- Half and half
- Cottage cheese
- Dino nuggets 🙂
- 2 boxes of snack pack roasted red pepper hummus (8 containers total)
- 1 gallon of whole milk
- 2 Digorno (sp?) pizzas (you can only see the corners… this is for our movie night tonight!)
- 2lbs of HEB bacon (one applewood and one original)
- 2 packages of Hormel salami
- 1lb block cheddar
- 1lb bag of shredded cheddar
- 30 slices cracker cuts Gouda
- 2, 12pks of HEB coke zero
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 bags of Unmomento coffee (1 bag of decaf and 1 bag of regular)
- 2 packages of Lance sandwich crackers
- 2 dozen eggs
- 1 bunch bananas
- 5lbs russet potatoes
- 1 container of organic salad (I was going to buy non-organic, but this was actually cheaper!)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 large broccoli crowns
See my pantry challenge post to see what I already have on hand. We have lots of food here!
Check back for my Weekly Meal Plan and Weekend Prep Work posts!