February 26, 2017 by Courtney
- Cut veggies for lunches and dinners (celery, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, squash, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, mushrooms… russet potatoes can’t be cut early)
- Boiled eggs
- Thawed meat
- Pan-seared and sliced chicken breast for salads this week
- Made high protein steel cut oats (Steel cut oats, water, raw sugar, and egg whites)
- Prepped lunches (cottage cheese in containers, bagged up veggies, bagged up Triscuits, bagged up deli meat and cheese, bagged up chicken slices)
- I will make homemade Greek yogurt tomorrow-Tuesday
The kids cleaned up the living room, made their beds, cleaned up their rooms, cleaned the bathrooms, and cleaned the floors. Ethan washed and dried laundry, and they each folded and put away their own.
Here is before:
Here is after:
This week I will spend some time organizing the pantry/fridges/freezers. I have an abundance of food. We won’t need to buy much for the next month or more! Just dairy and produce! No spend month post coming up!
You wouldn’t think that prep and self care would go together, but I have found that self-care for me sometimes means a clean house and everything prepped for the week. Also, lately I haven’t been eating much at all because I didn’t have food prepped. So I will eat this week because I have it prepped.
These are ways I took care of myself:
- Slept till I woke up naturally (still kind of early… 7:15)
- Had coffee and just relaxed for a long time (didn’t start prepping and cleaning till near lunch time)
- Lit candles to smell while I prepped 🙂
- Listened to old music (some of it reminded me of Joey)
What are you doing to prep and/or take care of yourself today?