Shopping turned out so much better today than I thought it would. I spent less, and even though I forgot to give the boys their ADHD meds, the kids did pretty well (it’s easier without them, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be).
My goal was to spent only around $100-125, and I spent $118! The kids are going to be away to camp next week so we didn’t need a ton. I’m hoping to be better about actually fixing myself meals, but we’ll see. I tend to just forget to eat when I have no one to cook for. But obviously that’s not a good plan.
Today I got mostly cold foods and produce (and just a few other things). I got food to make breakfast for my community group next week (a small group of summer staff ladies that I meet with once a week!). I met them on Wednesday, and I’m super excited about getting to know them. I’m so blessed to be here and be able to participate in awesome things like community groups.
I have been trying not to get a ton of produce at once because it goes bad when I do. But honestly, with the kids being gone for a week, this is more than enough.
I only buy organic if it’s close the same amount.
It’s pretty clear what is in the pic, but I’ll list it anyway:
- 4 avocados
- Big bunch of bananas
- Organic grape tomatoes (their smell is really strong!)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 jalapeños
- Bag of broccoli florets
- 5 large pink lady apples
- 1 bag of organic carrots (I wanted the baby ones but they didn’t look too good)
- Organic celery
The lighting in this pic is pretty rough. Haha.
- Orange juice
- 2 gallons of organic milk
- 2 cartons of Fairlife milk (Ethan is lactose intolerant and I like it for my smoothies because it is higher in protein)
- Kerrygold butter
- Melt “butter” (it’s a dairy free butter that isn’t full of junk, also for Ethan)
- Roasted garlic hummus (I LOVE this stuff with my veggies)
- Bag of 6 cage free boiled eggs
- 2, 12 oz of uncured bacon
- Sour cream
- 2 salted caramel real dairy creamers
- Natural breakfast sausage
- Black forest ham
- Tillamook sliced cheddar
- Tillamook shredded cheddar
- Cottage cheese
- Sharp cheddar
- Grits (I usually buy Bob’s Red Mill on Vitacost, but I needed some Tuesday so I wouldn’t have had enough time to get them here)
- Tortilla chips
- Red quinoa and flaxseed tortilla chips (these are so yummy)
I have reduced my soda intake quite a bit, but I never plan to have zero soda because I enjoy it. I have decided to switch to Zevia, and they just happened to be about the price as other soda today so I got 3 six packs.
I also got Karis some natural insect repellant.
I bought a few things on Walmart.com that either I couldn’t get at HEB or I couldn’t get in town at all.
I ordered 2 of the Wheat Montana Prairie Gold Flour (it’s hard white wheat which tastes soooooo much better than regular wheat flour and it’s much lighter).
This should be enough for 2 weeks. It’ll just be Robert and I eating next week (and we’ll eat some in the dining hall as well).
Alright, now to go hang out with my hubby! Have a great Friday night!!
The next post will be about some things that are on my heart. I have started it so many times and have struggled to get the words out. I’ll try again tomorrow or Sunday!