We are back to school and this mama is relieved!! Last week was pretty rough in some ways (as I shared), but I’m hopeful about this week.
This afternoon, we are going to clean this house well and catch up on laundry. I plan to do my fall decorating also (NO, it’s NOT too early haha). We will be ready to start the week!
I have a few things going on this week (still ironing out those details), but we should be home in the evenings which will help so much. We will have home cooked dinners and our bedtime routine. I plan to focus a lot on my business starting tomorrow because, frankly, we need the money and I love it! I have been so busy that I haven’t had time to focus on it.
Anyway… now for my meal plan :-).
Before I shopped, I made a list of meals that we will do based on some things that we already have (we didn’t have much) and two recipe books (plus some meals that we do regularly). I use the notes on my phone to do this, then I use the notes on my phone to make a grocery list. It makes things so so easy. The only problem is that sometimes I accidentally delete the list while I’m shopping! Lol. It works out okay, though.
As you might know, I write a list of breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, and I plan the dinners daily so that there is no guess work involved since evenings can be pretty busy.
Here are our meals (I have page numbers beside them for me because I print this out and hang it on our cork board):
- Green protein smoothies
- Bagels and cream cheese
- Homemade Greek yogurt and granola
- Eggs in corn tortillas with cheese and salsa
- Pumpkin banana muffins
- Biscuits, eggs, and fruit
- Oats and pumpkin breakfast cookies
- Tuna (mayo and relish) and Triscuits with veggies and hummus
- Cottage cheese, boiled eggs, veggies and hummus, fruit, and chips or Triscuits
- Ham and cheese sandwich, chips, and veggies
- PB&J, veggies, chips
- Salad with sliced chicken
- Cheese quesadillas
- Salmon patties and veggies
- Sunday, August 26th- Veggie couscous salad, spiced pita chips, and homemade hummus with friends (pg 139 and 140) and ice box pie with strawberries and/or chocolate and whipped cream
- Monday, August 27th- Taco salad
- Tuesday, August 28th- Teriyaki meal balls, lemon balsamic broccoli (pg 38 and 39)
- Wednesday, August 29th- Ham steak, mashed potatoes, and steam carrots
- Thursday, August 30th- Sheet pan dinner (sausage, acorn squash, yellow squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli)
- Friday, August 31st- Pizza (and movie)
- Saturday, September 1st- Dining hall (Pasta buffet)
- Sunday, September 2nd- Dining hall (Chicken tenders, corn, mash potatoes, and salad)
- Monday, September 3rd- Huevos Rancheros (pg 78)
- Tuesday, September 4th- Breakfast Hash (pg 74)
- Wednesday, September 5th- Burrito bowls
- Thursday, September 6th- Venison stew
- Friday, September 7th- Burgers
- Saturday, September 8th- Spiced drop biscuits, eggs, and fruit (pg 255)
- Cheez-its (Walmart brand… they are amazing)
- Triscuits and cream cheese
- Veggies and fruit
- Homemade Greek yogurt
- Tortilla chips and salsa
- Clif bars
- Homemade hummus and quinoa and flaxseed chips (so so good)
- Make muffins
- Cut veggies for veggie tray
- Make homemade hummus
- Boil eggs
- Thaw ground venison and beef
- Make pies
The books that I use for some of these recipes are:
I used this one the most.
The first two breakfast recipes came from this book.