Planning for one week at a time has been sooooo beneficial. Not only have I saved a lot of money, I also know that we will stick to it because often coming up with 14 dinners makes means I just start throwing stuff out there that doesn’t really seem appetizing (I don’t know if that makes sense).
I’m super excited about the meals this week!
Breakfasts and lunches tend to stay the same every week so I’m just going to copy/paste from last week and make a couple of small changes.
- Breakfast tacos
- Green smoothies and toast (homemade bread)
- Omelets and toast
- Eggs in tortillas
- PB & J on wheat with veggies and ranch
- Turkey and cheese sandwich and veggies
- Cottage cheese, Triscuits, and veggies
- Monday- HAF homes (Italian nachos)
- Tuesday- Baked chicken drumsticks, broccoli, and buttered toast (homemade bread)
- Wednesday- Chili cook-off with camp family (so I will be making Chili… I won last year)
- Thursday- Homemade Ramen (cannot wait!!!)
- Friday- Brinner (biscuits, bacon, and fried eggs)
- Saturday- BLTs on sour dough
- Sunday- Loaded potato soup
My grocery list is pretty short. I might spend about $50 this time. We’ll see. I plan to go tomorrow! I’m going to see The Star is Born (FINALLY) and will get these few groceries. The kids and I are going to my parents’ this weekend so I wouldn’t be able to do it then.
Anyway, as always, let me know if you have any questions!