October 29, 2018 by Courtney
I wasn’t actually tagged, but I saw this over at A Walk with Nature and thought it would be fun! Everyone knows how much I LOVE Autumn, so I’ll share a little bit more about that here!
1) What signifies the start of autumn for you?
We live in Texas which is typically pretty warm for quite a while, so I kind of choose my start of Autumn. For me it is Late August/Early September. This year we have had a TON of rain and cooler temps than usual so it has been kind of nice!
2) What is your favourite autumn scent?
My favorite are some from Bath and Body Works called Perfect Autumn and Autumn Harvest. They are more apple type scents. I also have some Pumpkin Spice and Banana Pumpkin candles that I got from Walmart.
3) Are you a fan of pumpkin spice latte?
I do enjoy it, but my favorite is maple pecan! I get a coffee from Starbucks maybe 3 times a month. They are expensive and we live far from town!
4) Apple or pumpkin pie?
I actually don’t like pumpkin pie despite my love for all things Pumpkin. I don’t like the texture. I prefer apple pie.
5) What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to in the next few months?
I don’t watch a lot of TV. I watch This is Us sometimes and Gilmore Girls. We typically just do movies and usually only on Fridays because that’s our movie night.
6) What is your favourite autumn fashion trend?
I’ve never really followed fashion trends. I dress in a t-shirt and jeans, Toms, and a sweater during the fall (like I said, it doesn’t get super cold here till winter).
7) What is your favourite comfort food to enjoy during the cooler months?
I love soups and stews, chili, roast, and just a lot of the typical comfort foods.
8) What is your favourite autumn activity?
Hiking (when it’s not raining or super muddy), playing games, writing, reading. Listening to music. Hanging out with friends over coffee.
9) Are you a fan of horror movies?
Nope. Never have been, never will be.
10) Do you ever do anything fun for Halloween?
We have our “Redemption Day” celebration here at the camp where we live. The kids trick-or-treat then we do a chili cook off, pumpkin carving, and cookie decorating. Usually we do a costume contest as well. Then the director tells the story of camp’s beginning.
11) What was your favourite part of Halloween as a child?
Dressing up and trick-or-treating! I also loved carving the pumpkins and my mom baked lots of pumpkin goodies.
12) Are you a bigger fan of Bonfire Night or Halloween night?
I’m not sure what Bonfire Night is! If it’s what it sounds like, I think I would be a bigger fan of it over Halloween. But the kids love Halloween so I try to enjoy it for them.
13) Where is your dream destination to visit during autumn?
The mountains (of New Mexico or Colorado).
14) Do you always forget about the clocks going back?
Not really. It’s all over Facebook to remember. Haha.
15) When do you usually start for preparing for Christmas?
Usually we decorate in early-mid November, but I’m thinking about decorating later this year. We will see. I have Christmas lights up in our living room and my office already so that’s sufficient.
Also, I start listening to Christmas music in like September :-).
We have started buying Christmas gifts last week. We buy a little bit at a time as we have the money for them because we don’t go into debt to buy Christmas gifts. We also really only buy gifts for our kids. We will give the parents and grandparents family pics.