November 11, 2018 by Courtney
Does that sound weird? Well it’s not super weird. It’s a way to make homemade toilet cleaner that is easy to use and the kids enjoy it as well!
This toilet cleaner literally fizzes when you drop it in!
As usual, I found a recipe and completely changed it, so I’m typing up what I did!
These are the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid (I borrowed some from a friend, but I also bought some to replace hers and use in the future)
- Zest from 1 large lemon (or lime or orange)
- Juice from lemon (or lime or orange)
- 30 drops of lavender (you could probably do less, I just really love lavender)
- Mix baking soda and citric acid in a bowl.
- Zest the lemon into it.
- Add lavender drops.
- Add juice 1/2 tsp at a time until it is somewhat pasty.
5. Scoop into ice trays. I use some that I bought at Family Dollar that are silicone at the bottom and anything in it literally pops out. So easy.
6. Place in jar.
7. Use 2 each time. Plop into toilet and allow to fizz and sit for 5 minutes or so. Scrub toilet. Flush.
This is something even young kids can do!