Despite my amazing year mentally, I realized recently that I had been pushing Robert’s needs aside so that I could take care of myself for a long time.
We have had some good conversation and we decided that we would start taking dates nights each week. We are also going to counseling at least once just to work on communication. I love my counselor and feels she will have some helpful advice.
Most of the time these date nights will be around camp or at home after the kids go to bed, but we have decided that we need to be intentional. We will be able to take a “real” date night maybe once a month.
I’ve been looking all over trying to come up with ideas as well as just thinking of my own ideas.
This is what I have come up with:
- Hiking together
- Star gazing at the windmill
- Movie night watching something we can’t watch with the kids
- Dinner and a movie
- Spend hours talking at a coffee shop
- Go to the park
- Cooking a special meal together
- Putting a puzzle together
- Six Flags
- Top Golf
- Ice cream bar
- Play video games
- Conversation by the fire in our back yard
- After dark scavenger hunt
- Write love notes to each other
- Coffee shop date night
- Spa date night
- Make an indoor fort to hang out in
- Card games
- Board games
- Candle light dinner in our bedroom
- Make dessert together
- Online window-shop together
- Go to our favorite stores
- Plan our next trip
- Indoor picnic
- Create a bucket list
- Goal planning together
- Write a mission statement for our family
- YouTube worship night
- Art night
- Make sushi together
- Paint together on canvas
- Learn a new hobby together
- Dream together
I’m excited about what’s to come. We plan to do this on Saturday nights. I’ll keep you updated on how these go!