December 30, 2018 by Courtney
I wrote a post last week about my word for the year, and I felt super great about it. Then, I wrote a post with my goals for the year, and the amount made me feel overwhelmed (and they weren’t specific and measurable).
If my word for the year is intentional and I want to follow the Balance 365 program closely, what do my goals need to be? Some of my goals have nothing to do with Balance 365, the process is similar to everything in life. I want them to be measurable so that I can look at things each month and see how I’m doing.
I haven’t ever been good at living out goals. I think that’s because I always do too much. My expectations for myself are way too high. High expectations aren’t a bad thing, but, they need to be realistic.
This year is going to be fantastic. I have a great feeling. I’m coming into 2019 by finishing 2018 well.
So here are my goals (these are all new things):
- Weekly date nights (at home and in town)
- Monthly camping and/or state park trips
- Follow Balance 365 program in order (the movement will be throughout- hiking, yoga, etc)
- Finish my Childbirth Education class by the time the kids get out of school
- Start my CBE business in the fall
- Go to PTO meetings and volunteer
- Go to an AA meeting weekly (Mondays at noon, Wednesdays at 7, or Saturdays at 4)
- Go to Church 1-2 times per month
I’m going to print my goals and hang them in my office.
I will also continue what I started in 2018 as long as it means I’m being intentional!
Like I’ve said, 2018 has been my best year ever and I feel good about the momentum that I have coming into the new year.
What are your goals?