I got the best sleep last night that I’ve had in a very long time.
I took my Melatonin as usual right before the boys went to bed (which does help, but I still have a hard time sleeping despite it most nights), then I applied my new Revive essential oil (“Sleep”), and I fell asleep almost right away; I slept from 10:00 till 5:30. I woke twice, but only for less than 5 minutes and I was back out. This is HUGE. So amazing.
From their website: “REVIVE Sleep is a proprietary blend of Lavender, Geranium, Roman Chamomile, Coriander seed, Palmarosa, Ylang ylang flower, Bergamot peel, Lemon peel, Jasmine, Rose, and Rosewood essential oils.”
I have been made to believe that Young Living or DoTerra were the only “safe” oils. That they are the only tested and “therapeutic” oils out there. Then I found Revive. I have done a lot of research and I am blown away at the quality AND the price! Their testing results are right on their website. Because they aren’t a MLM, the prices are so much lower than any other oils that I have seen (that are quality). I will still use some Young Living products, but for the most part I am totally sold on Revive oils.
So why am I still using them despite the fact that I’m kind of “over” being “crunchy?” Because I like them and they have been working for me (mental health and sleep wise at least). They have helped Ethan who struggles with anxiety. When he feel anxious, he applies stress away and he starts feeling better. I don’t have to have a label to use some “natural” things. I just use what works for us!
Anyway… Some other things that I do for sleep:
- White noise. Sometimes I use my white noise machine and sometimes I listen to it through ear buds. I haven’t figured out which one I like better. I just know that I need something to drown out other noises (like my husband’s sleeping noises haha).
- Reading (if I even get to it… last night I got super sleepy before I could read thanks to oils and Melatonin)
- I try not to drink much (water or anything else) before bed except to take my meds (which, I have been taking them earlier lately and it makes a difference)
- Reduced caffeine
- Sometimes I use Benadryl if I can’t fall asleep (doctor said to if I need)
- Processing things every day as I need to get my thoughts out of my head
I’m working really hard to have better sleep. It’s been an issue for years. I’m hoping that things are going to get better soon!
I think part of my issue is the amount of meds that I’m on, and I sleep every morning pretty much all morning to recover. I’m hoping to fight that habit and try to stay up! I’ll get there. One day at a time!