Tuesday afternoon I decided that I wanted to make something pumpkin and healthy for dessert (healthy enough that it would be good for breakfast also!). I searched for dairy free pumpkin spice breakfast cookies and found a few recipes but not one that I really loved.
I decided to do what I always do… make one of my own. I used a few of the ideas from a few recipes, but ultimately it became something new. I wasn’t sure if I would like them (or if anyone would for that matter), but they were a hit! I love them. They are perfect to go with some eggs and fruit for breakfast. Also, these are dairy free AND gluten free. I am trying to reduce gluten right now also, so it’s always good when I can make that happen easily.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 1/2 cups puréed pumpkin (or canned)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla (I use Mexican vanilla)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Mix dry ingredients (through pepitas).
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet (I use a cookie scoop).
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.