I have an easy granola recipe that I have used for many years. This year I decided to make it into a pumpkin spice granola, and I’m in love. It is amazing.
It’s also pretty easy!
Into a large casserole dish, mix:
- 6 cups rolled oats (Gluten Free)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Roast in oven at 350 for 20 minutes (or until coconut is browned).
Melt and whisk together:
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup real maple
- 3 tsp pureed pumpkin (or canned)
- Once this is melted, remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix sauce into oats mixture.
- Turn the oven down to 300, and bake for another 20-30 minutes (until browned and slightly crispy).
- You will need to stir it every once in a while.
- When you take it out of the oven, you have to let it sit for quite a while for it to cool; it will then be crunchy.