I have been part of a group called Healthy Habits, Happy Moms since right after I got out of rehab. I really love it, a lot. Someone paid for me to do the Balance 365 program (this is sooooo huge because it’s not cheap). Then I started struggling and anything that required me to make changes or work towards something went out the window. I also thought that I wanted to focus more on “intuitive eating” and less on healthy habits, so I left all of my groups and took a long step back.
In late spring, I made the decision that I was ready to take a look at changes that I could make, and I finally decided I was ready to do this the Balance 365 way. About this time a full pdf of the program became available so I sent it to be printed and have slowly been working through it.
I have also chosen a habit to focus on, and that is movement. This is mostly hiking because I love being outside. I also do yoga sometimes, and I plan to eventually start some strength training through the Balance 365 programs. One step at a time!
I am also just making little tweaks here and there in a few other areas. The main reason is because of my reflux; my goal is to feel good.
My desire is to be hiking more to condition my body to be able to backpack again. There would be no way I could do that at the moment. I can handle a hike here, but I wouldn’t be able to handle a day hike with a pack on. No way! So that’s my goal! I’m also just trying to listen to my body better and eat/drink things and amounts that make me feel good. I’m finding that the more I pay attention to it, the less I actually want soda, which is huge.
This will probably be a life-long work in progress and I’m okay with that!
Some habits that I feel like I’m consistent at (and have been for a long time) that maybe aren’t B365 habits but are habits nonetheless:
- Nighttime routine: Skin care, teeth brushing, and meds/supplements
- Not eating past full (this is a B365 habit, called Goldilocks). I eat too much once in a while but it’s not a common thing.
- Keeping a daily routine with the house. I do one load of laundry per day, keep the house picked up, keep up with dishes, make my bed, etc. We clean bathrooms once a week, clean floors multiple times a week, etc.
- Using my planner each day to stay organized each day
- I meal plan every week.
- I meal prep every Sunday for the week (usually veggies for meals, veggie tray, baked breakfast, sometimes homemade tortillas, etc).
- I reduced my soda intake from all day, every day, to one every other day or so. I’m happy with this.
- I’m sure there’s more…
Check back for some posts about healthy habits!