I talk a LOT about self care. Through my mental illnesses, hospitalization, addiction, and rehab, I’ve learned that self care is of utmost importance!
What does self care mean? In simple terms, doing things to make sure you are your best self. Doing things to take care of YOU so that you can then, in turn, do what you need to for your home, job, family, etc. It is important to love yourself right where you are and take good care of yourself!
What are ways that I take care of myself?
- Stay organized
- Get enough sleep
- Exercise (mainly hiking at this point)
- Eat healthy with balance
- Do my Bible study and prayer (though giving myself grace in this area)
- Focus on gratitude
- Take my Magnesium, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B Complex, and Fish Oil
- Take my medication correctly
- Go camping
- Play games with my family and/or friends
- Coffee with a friend
- Go to AA and do online AA meetings
- Go to my doctor when I’m scheduled
- Do things that I enjoy (reading and writing)
- Keep the house clean
- Shower, fix my hair, put on makeup (some days, and others just be relaxed!)
- Work my Younique business 🙂
What are some things you do to take good care of yourself?