Tuesday afternoon I decided that I wanted to make something pumpkin and healthy for dessert (healthy enough that it would be good for breakfast also!). I searched for dairy free pumpkin spice breakfast cookies and found a few recipes but … Continue reading
This is one of our favorite breakfasts because it stays with us for a long time (until lunch). It’s also tasty!
- 6 golden potatoes (you could probably get away with 3 russet potatoes if that’s all you have), cubed in small pieces
- 1 red (or any color) bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1, 12oz package bacon, cut into small pieces and cooked crispy
- 12 eggs
- Nature’s seasons seasoning or salt, pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt.
- Cut veggies
2. Cook bacon (pouring off the grease as you go)
3. Clean pan (if you burn bacon like I did…) and add back some of the grease.
4. Pour potatoes into the pan and sprinkle with Nature’s seasons. Cook until firmly soft.
5. Combine onions and peppers with the potatoes. Cook till onions are translucent.
6. Pour remaining grease into pan.
7. Break open, season, and beat the eggs.
8. Place eggs in container with the rest of the mixture and stir!
We eat this on tortillas with some cheese and salsa! I prefer corn tortillas but the rest of the family likes flour. This is a great, filling breakfast! And so easy if you prep ahead of time!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Power Cake Muffins (Week 1, double batch and freeze one)
- Green Smooth pancakes (Week 2, triple batch and freeze)
- Green smoothies (frozen banana, frozen kale, frozen blueberries, unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, spirulina)
- Scrambled eggs in corn tortillas with salsa and shredded cheese
- Homemade Greek yogurt and homemade granola
- Pop tarts 🙂 (treat!)
- Sandwiches on sprouted bread with Hormel natural deli meat and Tillamook cheddar, veggies and hummus, fruit
- Cottage cheese, boiled eggs, veggies and hummus, fruit, Triscuits
Week of January 2-8
- Monday- Chicken and Dumplings in the Instant Pot
- Tuesday- Pulled pork using our homemade BBQ sauce (for our summer staff that will be here)
- Wednesday- Dining hall
- Thursday- Dining hall
- Friday- Pizza
- Saturday- Pasta and homemade meat sauce (recipe coming!) and steamed broccoli
- Sunday- Creamy cauliflower and potato soup
Week of January 9-15
- Monday- Burrito bowls (brown rice, Instant pot pinto beans, avocado, tomato, cheese, and sour cream)
- Tuesday- Cheese enchilada stacks (corn tortillas with shredded cheese and canned enchilada sauce) and brown rice
- Wednesday- Easy Chili and corn bread
- Thursday- Fish tacos
- Friday- Pork chops (grilled) and roasted veggies
- Saturday- Hot Dogs
- Sunday- Roast, potatoes, and carrots in the instant pot
- Breakfast cookies
- Fruit salad
- Cheese sticks
- Homemade Greek yogurt
- Austin cracker sandwiches (treat!)
- Organic cheddar “frogeez”
- Organic animal cookies
- Bake breakfast recipes
- Cut veggies for lunches and snacks
- Make fruit salad for the week
- Bag up veggies and fruit for lunches
- Make yogurt