As usual, I am planning for two weeks. Often times the second week gets moved around a bit but that’s okay! I have a plan but allow myself to be flexible. Here is my plan for the next two weeks: … Continue reading
Last time I planned for two weeks and my second week ended being changed a lot so I know that might happen again. It helps me, though, to have a plan in place anyway! We follow it for the most … Continue reading
We are back to school and this mama is relieved!! Last week was pretty rough in some ways (as I shared), but I’m hopeful about this week. This afternoon, we are going to clean this house well and catch up … Continue reading
Like I said in my post yesterday, I have a lot of food, and I’m trying to find something new to cook! I also have two instant pots and try to make most things in there.
As usual, my breakfasts, lunches, and snacks are in a list to choose from. My dinners are specific for the day.
- IP breakfast casserole
- Smoothies (Cashew milk, Greek yogurt, frozen banana, frozen spinach, and peanut butter) and toast 🍞 with homemade bread (and maybe some boiled eggs)
- Eggs and toast 🍞 or tortilla
- Egg (fried) on English muffin
- Homemade Greek yogurt and homemade granola
- Oatmeal, egg, and fruit
- Sandwich 🥪 , veggies 🥕, and crackers
- Boiled egg 🥚, salami or summer sausage, veggies 🥦 and hummus, and Triscuits
- Soup 🥣
- Monday- Baked potatoes 🥔 and IP cheesy broccoli 🥦 soup 🥣
- Tuesday- Instant pot Chicken 🐓, rice 🍚, and broccoli 🥦
- Wednesday- IP shredded Mexican roast soft tacos 🌮 (with venison roast)
- Thursday- IP homemade Mac n cheese 🧀 and veggies
- Friday and Saturday- Dining hall (here at camp)
- Sunday- IP Sloppy “does” 🦌 and fries 🍟
- Triple Zero Greek yogurt
- Peanut butter crackers
- Clif bars
- Granola bars
- Veggies and hummus
- Apples or bananas and peanut butter
- Pretzels and cookie butter
Next week, most lunches and dinners will be in the dining hall. Can’t wait! It saves us so much money and time, and it is a great way to get to know the staff
Prep for meals
- Veggie tray
- Move frozen meat to the fridge
- Make breakfast casserole
- Thaw steel cut oats
- Bake bread (only because we love it!)
I buy pre-cut veggies when I can and already boiled/peeled boiled eggs. I know it costs a little more and it’s worth it at this point. I may go back to prepping these things eventually. I’m also probably going to reduce the amount that I make Greek yogurt. It hasn’t been turning out!!
My Plan for the week
- Monday- Robert and I will go to town to pick up the love seat and maybe have a lunch date. We are making dinner for my mentee.
- Tuesday- I’m reading to Levi’s class, AA, lunch, library time, then a birthday party for a little one here that’s turning one.
- Wednesday- Bible study at noon (at my house), and I might have a friend over for coffee.
- Thursday- Day at home, then AA at 7:00pm
- Friday- Rest day, and I might have a friend over for coffee.
- Saturday- Family day
- Sunday- Church, lunch with the pastor, counseling, maybe the park
As you can see, Monday and Tuesday are my only busy days this week! That’s much different from last week!
Also, daily chores will happen and my schedule chores will happen.
I hope you have a great week! What are your plans for the week and for meals?