I haven’t posted a meal plan in a long time because we have been eating in the dining hall quite a bit, and frankly, I just haven’t been organized enough. This coming week we are eating at home most days … Continue reading
Just like with everything else in life, I try to keep things simple and organized. If not, I feel like life is chaos and I don’t handle that well! So, my meal planning is super simple. Luckily this month we … Continue reading
Like I said in my post yesterday, I have a lot of food, and I’m trying to find something new to cook! I also have two instant pots and try to make most things in there.
As usual, my breakfasts, lunches, and snacks are in a list to choose from. My dinners are specific for the day.
- IP breakfast casserole
- Smoothies (Cashew milk, Greek yogurt, frozen banana, frozen spinach, and peanut butter) and toast 🍞 with homemade bread (and maybe some boiled eggs)
- Eggs and toast 🍞 or tortilla
- Egg (fried) on English muffin
- Homemade Greek yogurt and homemade granola
- Oatmeal, egg, and fruit
- Sandwich 🥪 , veggies 🥕, and crackers
- Boiled egg 🥚, salami or summer sausage, veggies 🥦 and hummus, and Triscuits
- Soup 🥣
- Monday- Baked potatoes 🥔 and IP cheesy broccoli 🥦 soup 🥣
- Tuesday- Instant pot Chicken 🐓, rice 🍚, and broccoli 🥦
- Wednesday- IP shredded Mexican roast soft tacos 🌮 (with venison roast)
- Thursday- IP homemade Mac n cheese 🧀 and veggies
- Friday and Saturday- Dining hall (here at camp)
- Sunday- IP Sloppy “does” 🦌 and fries 🍟
- Triple Zero Greek yogurt
- Peanut butter crackers
- Clif bars
- Granola bars
- Veggies and hummus
- Apples or bananas and peanut butter
- Pretzels and cookie butter
Next week, most lunches and dinners will be in the dining hall. Can’t wait! It saves us so much money and time, and it is a great way to get to know the staff
Prep for meals
- Veggie tray
- Move frozen meat to the fridge
- Make breakfast casserole
- Thaw steel cut oats
- Bake bread (only because we love it!)
I buy pre-cut veggies when I can and already boiled/peeled boiled eggs. I know it costs a little more and it’s worth it at this point. I may go back to prepping these things eventually. I’m also probably going to reduce the amount that I make Greek yogurt. It hasn’t been turning out!!
My Plan for the week
- Monday- Robert and I will go to town to pick up the love seat and maybe have a lunch date. We are making dinner for my mentee.
- Tuesday- I’m reading to Levi’s class, AA, lunch, library time, then a birthday party for a little one here that’s turning one.
- Wednesday- Bible study at noon (at my house), and I might have a friend over for coffee.
- Thursday- Day at home, then AA at 7:00pm
- Friday- Rest day, and I might have a friend over for coffee.
- Saturday- Family day
- Sunday- Church, lunch with the pastor, counseling, maybe the park
As you can see, Monday and Tuesday are my only busy days this week! That’s much different from last week!
Also, daily chores will happen and my schedule chores will happen.
I hope you have a great week! What are your plans for the week and for meals?
Life has gotten a lot different for me lately in what I am able to eat. Dairy has become a problem. I can’t eat ice-cream :-(, drink milk, or eat an excess of any other type of dairy. I can … Continue reading
Being in a constant state of worship and adoration, service, gratitude, prayer, and confession are what set my heart on fire. Unfortunately my life has been just one struggle after another and my spirit has gotten lost in all of … Continue reading
I have heard of these for a long time, but it wasn’t until I saw a picture from a friend on Instagram that I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. I also bought a home planner insert to go with it! This is pretty much replacing my household notebook. That has turned into a personal notebook (AA stuff, medical paperwork, etc) plus homeschooling (lesson plans and Teacher Edition pages).
The monthly calendar contains appointments, events, and meals for the month.
I’m going to have to adjust how I’ve been doing this since I received the home planner. I will probably make this all about self care!
This planner covers everything that I need for being organized.
I ordered from Boxed:
Charmin toilet paper
Barilla pasta sauce
Hunts diced tomatoes
I plan on ordering from them once a month, spending $50-75. This will keep us stocked up on things that I can stock up on. (I ordered a ton from them with money that I made selling curriculum last week, so that should keep us going.)
I had Robert pick up a few things at HEB when he was there Friday (stuff that I didn’t think to buy and/or stuff that I forgot).
- 3 dozen eggs
- 2, 12 packs of HEB Coke Zero
- 4lbs of ground beef
- Grape tomatoes (the orange ones are awesome)
- Onion powder
- Crest toothpaste
- Yellow squash (2)
- Zucchini (2)
- Chocolate chips (large bag)
Today, we picked up a few things from the little grocery store (Lowes) in Rocksprings. I won’t be able to go by a store anymore for the next few weeks (because of meeting with my sponsor and counselor after AA). I don’t want to make a special trip just to buy a few things. So we are officially stocked for two weeks (actually a bit more than that because we’ve decided to eat in the dining hall more than I originally planned… so the food I bought, especially the meat, will last through the month).
- 2 packages of chicken thighs (less than $3 each package!)
- 1 package drumsticks (less than $3)
- Avocados (4)
- Flour tortillas (2)
- Shredded cheese (large bag)
- Butter (1lb)
- Julios salsa
- Sour cream
I made our monthly meal plan based on what we have, so that should save us lots! We will need things like milk, produce, etc. I’m working on writing meal planning posts for the month.
Here are pictures of what we have stocked up on (except for the few things I’m still waiting for from Boxed):
I love having a stocked pantry, fridge, and freezer. Maybe it’s a woman thing, but it just makes me feel content and helps me know we are taken care of. God has provided all of this!